Friday, August 31, 2007

Hand Over The Tzatziki And Nobody Gets Hurt

In the interest of keeping Robert's culinary horizons wide, we stopped by the Gyro Palace on the way back from dropping off the rental car today. The little dude was duly impressed.

"What is this white stuff in this cup? If this is mayonnaise, I'm not eating no mayonnaise."

"Let me just stick my fork in there and see..."

"Ooh, this looks good."

"Maybe if I took a little piece of gyro and dipped it in there..."

"WOW! σας ευχαριστούμε, mom και τον μπαμπά!" (*)

(* "Thanks, Mom & Dad!")

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What??? Not only do I not know what tzatziki is, but what is a gyro? What do we call it up here?

September 01, 2007 12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think you call it anything up there... I don't know that there is a lot of Greek cuisine in your area.

Gyro: a delicious concoction of roasted lamb (cooked on a vertical spit), onions, tomato, and tzatziki sauce. Yum Yum Yum.

Tzatziki sauce: strained yogurt with cucumbers, garlic, dill, lemon (I think), and some other stuff. Really good.

September 01, 2007 7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I forgot to say that the Gyro is served on a pita. Double yum.

September 01, 2007 7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This does sound very good. I LOVE lamb! Maybe we should try this when we come down.

September 01, 2007 9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time you're out for lunch in SF you can have gyro at the deli! They are around here, just not common... Italian and Polish is BIG... Besides "there is a Hole in this Cake!"

(Mom, that's from a movie... you should watch it! VERY funny... My Big Fat Greek Wedding)

September 03, 2007 8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home